For the first time this year, Samoa will have five golfers flying Samoa’s flag at the biggest junior golf tournament in the world.
Thanks to the kind support of Eveni Sport, Team Samoa will have travel sports bags and a parade uniform to wear on the day all the players participating in the World Championships will march for the official opening on 9 July 2018 at Torrey Pines Golf course in San Diego.
“The players and organizing committee will all wear the uniform with pride, and we all thank Eveni Sport for their kind support of this inaugural journey for Samoan Junior Golfers,” a statement from the team said.
The five players who have qualified after trials were held earlier this year are:
• Faith Vui, flag bearer in the parade will play in the 13-14 year old girls, handicap 6
• Lio Vui, Team captain will play in the 13-14 year old boys, handicap 3
• Greg Atapana will play in the 13-14 year old boys, handicap 6
• Kilo Brown will play in the 11-12 year old boys, handicap 5
• Aaron Evalu will play in the 11-12 year old boys, handicap 6.
“Our players are excited and extremely proud to represent Samoa and they look forward to playing against the best juniors in the respective age groups from around the world. This tour is about learning and getting better.
“Thank you to our other sponsors, S.G.I, S.I.F.A., and Taimalie Charlie Westerlund.”